Essential information prior to surgery
To enable us to contribute to the provision of a safe and efficient experience, please find listed some information to consider before your hospital admission.
- Bring any medications you are taking and a detailed list
- Bring any papers or forms given to you by your surgeon, including any doctor referral letters
- Bring all relevant x-rays, scans or MRI's
- Ensure you have your spectacles or hearing aids with you
- It is important to arrive punctually for your admission to allow time for preparation; if you think you will be late please telephone the hospital
- Please leave any valuables and jewellery at home as we are not responsible for lost or stolen items
Day and multi-day surgery
Once your operation is confirmed by your private surgeon, a member of staff from Melbourne Private Hospital will contact you prior to your admission to inform you of your time of arrival and other relevant information.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have our pre-admission nurse, on (03) 8341 3433 if you have any questions prior to your admission. (available Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm).
On arrival at Melbourne Private Hospital please report to the main reception where you will be directed to your relevant unit.
A nurse will complete an assessment, answer any questions and prepare you for surgery.
Your surgeon and anaesthetist may see you prior to your surgery.
Melbourne Private Hospital offers medical patients a multidisciplinary approach that includes a friendly and helpful team of dietitians, physiotherapists and speech pathologists, all that have access to a variety of surgeons and specialists involved in the treatment and care of our patients.
Working with our patients and their families, we develop the best treatment course for them throughout their stay and beyond.
Our team work with specialists in referring our patients to rehab or transitional care and are always directly involved in discharge planning.
Our team possess a wide knowledge of community services to ensure our patients are always assisted post their stay with us.